Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ways to Save Money

I'm always looking for ways to save money. I don't bring home a large income, and I'm raising my daughter by myself, so it gets tricky. It's not impossible though. One of my ways is to save all of my change. I have a five gallon alhambra bottle where I put all of my change, sometime even dollar bills at the end of the week. One year, we managed to save over $650.

I found this article on Yahoo this morning. It had some interesting tips. One of my goals is to clear all of my credit cards by Spring Equinox. So far, I have paid off two of my credit cards in the past two years and I closed those accounts. These things take time, but I'm on the right road. Here is another article regarding social security... which is something I haven't thought about, but certainly is something I want to explore and pursue. Of course, that is if Social Security is going to continue to exist.

A long time ago, I read Susie Orman's 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.


I've seen her speak on TV, and she has some good advice. I think I may have to pick up her book again to get back on track. It's easy to lose track of financial goals with eating out, movies, and trips to Mexico.

We're in the midst of downsizing, so there will be a lot of selling of things in the next few months. Certainly one of the things advised in "10 Tips to Help You Save". Time to let go of stuff we don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment